What You Will Need
3 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
10 ounces white mushrooms, large ones cut in half
1 large onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 pound lean ground beef
2 teaspoons dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 cups water
1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
8 ounces whole-wheat elbow noodles
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup reduced-fat crème fresh
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or chives for garnish
What To Do
- Fit a food processor with the steel blade attachment.
- With the motor running, drop garlic through the feed tube and process until minced.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and process until finely chopped. T
- Turn it off, add onion, and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Brown beef in a pan.
- Stir in the chopped vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in water, 1 1/2 cups broth, noodles and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender.
- Whisk flour with the remaining 1/4 cup broth in a small bowl until smooth and stir into the hamburger mixture.
- Stir in the crème fresh. Simmer, stirring often, until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
Puzzles have been a childhood staple, as far as toys and games go, for years. Working on problem solving from
a young age is a great thing developmentally, plus, nothing is cuter than a tot with furrowed brow,
concentrating hard on the reconstruction of their puzzle.
Handmade, fairtrade puzzles are a far better choice than the regular store bought versions, so we found soime cute
ones for your browsing pleasure!
Chunky Framed Tree Puzzle, (Fair trade European ecological wood), £4.95
Chunky Framed Elephant Puzzle (Quality beech wood natural and organic toys), £4.95
Larger Pink Pony Puzzle (Fair trade), £11.00
Fairtrade Wooden Train Puzzle, £4.75
For any holiday season glitter and a bit of glam is always a necessity, but it seems this year, the glitz and glam has
snuck out of holiday wear and into autumn and winter wear too!
Metallic finishes first came into the scene a year ago but all that glitter seems to have gotten us mesmerized,
so luckily, the fashion gods let us keep it for another season.
Here are our best metallics, sequins and sparkles for kids from alexandalexa.com:
Diesel: ‘Pump Up The Diesel Engine’ Baby Tee, £21.00
Roberto Cavalli: Hooded Cream And Gold Padded Jacket, £392.50
Quincy: White Rabbit Print Sweater, £68.50
Caramel Baby & Child: Knitted Floral Necklace/Head Tie, £22.50
Calvin Klein Jeans: Grey Zip Front Cardigan With Hood And Sequins, £71.00
Roberto Cavalli: Jewelled Angel Print Tee, £92.95
Calvin Klein Jeans: Slim Fit Sequin Jeans, £67.50