Why not bring a little français to the table ce soir with the French ‘version’ of the plain old grilled ham and
cheese sandwich, they may taste the same, but the French name makes you feel that much more
What You Will Need:
- Bread (sour dough bread tastes best but whole wheat will do too)
- Gruyere cheese
-200 ml milk
-1 tablespoon of flour
-20 g butter
What To Do:
- Melt the butter in a pan and add in the flour.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- When the sauce starts to thicken cook for a few more minutes and then let it cool down.
- Beat the egg and mix together with the shredded cheese
- Butter the bread
- Place the bread butter side down on a grill or pan
- Add one slice of ham and cheese on top then close the sandwich with another peice of bread.
- Spread some béchamel sauce on top of the sandwich
- Finish off with cheese
- Grill until the cheese is melted
- Serve with salad or fresh veggies and enjoy!